Layout of your living room interior not be a simple task. It has to meet functional criteria and also visual criteria.
In fact, living room layout depends upon the size of the dwelling , economic status and lifestyle of the user.
Particularly , the circulation space in the living room is very important aspect of interior designing and layouts .
During social activities , people tend to gather as small groups for conversation.Thus , foot traffic space or aisle has to be in one side of the living space .
Try to avoid the circulation path or foot traffic path within the conversion area such as sofa, coffee table .
- Most of the cases the foot space between center table or coffee table and sofa must be 10 inches min.
- Secondly , the circulation area is about 10 feet diameter makes the conversion furniture arrangement as best which creates intimacy in the living room.
- Good traffic flow and movement space is very essential when arranging your furniture in the living room.
- In the square living room , furniture arrangement is very challenging.
- The circulation path may cut the conversation path in the square area , you can place the tables beside the sofas.
- Don’t place the seats too apart in the conversation area.
- Arrangement of the furniture , like face each each other will create a better conversation area.
- Avoid cluttering in the living area with too many furnitures.
- If you have more space in your living create several zones . As well as arrange the furniture for different activity zones with visual balance.
- Bare windows visually emphasize the living space and it gives a outdoor feel brings inside your house with dazzling natural light .
- If your living room look like long and narrow spacing , use small curvy furnitures .
- Break , rectangular long box view by using curvy irregular shapes rugs .
- Select lighter color shades for the walls , seems to be spacious.These color effect changed the look of a narrow space into wider.
- The color of the wall and elements of the room such as windows,doors,etc are in the same tone colors .However , it will blend with eachother otherwise they will be emphasized.
- Fix the focal point correctly , place the furniture around that point .
- In addition , Fireplace in living area, overhanging decorative lights in dinning area,large framed photo frames, help for visual balancing.
Looking for other helpful posts..